When was the last time you cleaned your dishwasher? Is your dishwasher leaving residue or gunk on your dishes? If you haven’t cleaned your dishwasher in the last 3 months or are noticing residue on your dishes, that means its time to clean your dishwasher. It’s important to maintain your dishwasher just as you should regularly maintain the rest of your home. If left unclean, gunk and food can cause blockage at the bottom of your dishwasher and even cause foul odors to come from your dishwasher. CLEAN MAMA has a great method that’s quick and easy.
1 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Baking soda
1. Using a cloth, wipe down the inside of the dishwasher using vinegar
2. Clean the seals of the dishwasher using vinegar
3. If your dishwasher smells or doesn’t drain water as it’s suppose to, try taking apart the bottom of the dishwasher to remove any gunk and food left at the bottom. (tip: take pictures to help you put it back together once finished)
4. Poor 1 cup vinegar inside the dishwasher
5. Spread 1/4 cup of baking soda around the dishwasher (this is optional)
6. Run your dishwasher to rinse the inside, if you have the options, run dishwasher under hot water and a sanitize cycle, although a regular rinse cycle works as well.
The vinegar will help sanitize, clean and take away any foul smells, and the baking soda will help break down any build up. I would suggest cleaning your dishwasher at least once a month. Now, if you are someone who doesn’t use the dishwasher frequently, I would then suggest cleaning it every 3 months. Let us know if you have any other methods that have worked for you in the comments section below.
Inspired by another great post by CLEAN MAMA. Link provided: http://www.cleanmama.net/2014/07/how-to-clean-yourdishwasher.htmlutm_medium=social&utm_campaign=postplanner&utm_source=facebook.com